Information Collected About You
We may collect “Personal Information” about you including, without limitation, your name, address, telephone number, physician, illnesses, discharge instructions, medical history, payor, and other information in the following ways:
- Your discharge instructions; home rehab protocol
- The names of your physicians and providers;
- Demographics about your lifestyle, overall health and related matters;
- Demographics regarding your practice and patients (i.e., if you are a provider);
- The frequency with which you use certain of our interactive tools and services; and/or
- Your use of PT Genie software
We may also collect “Non-Personal Information” about your use of PT Genie software such as, for example, user metrics, user preferences, user navigation and other things. We collect Non-Personal Information from your use of PT Genie software through cookies, web beacons and external sources even if you have not registered on the PT Genie website or provided us with your Personal Information.
What Choices Do You Have?
With Whom Do We Share Your Information?
PT Genie will not disclose any identifying Personal Information about you unless specifically required:
- To provide you with use of PT Genie software;
- In accordance with your payer’s request for additional documentation pending a claim review or adjudication
- To comply with legal requirements, such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order;
- In response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements;
- To enable PT Genie and its vendors and suppliers to perform services or fulfill your requests;
- In the event of a corporate change in control resulting from, for example, a merger, sale of assets or a bankruptcy by PT Genie or you;
- When PT Genie believes in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect its rights, your safety or the safety of others including your patients, to investigate fraud or to respond to a government request; and/or
- In special cases, such as in response to a physical threat to us, you or your patients.
How Do We Secure and Retain Your Information?
PT Genie has implemented technical, physical and administrative safeguards to protect Your Information sent through or uploaded into PT Genie software. Despite our efforts to protect Your Information, please do not use PT Genie software if you have any concerns about whether Your Information could be accessed by third-parties for circumstances that PT Genie cannot control, despite PT Genie’s commercially reasonable, best efforts to do so. Examples may include third-party internet service providers, persons with whom you or your employees share your passwords or to whom you have given administrative access, etc.
Cookies and Web Beacons
For purposes of clarity, “Cookies” are small data files that are stored on the hard drive of the computer you use to view a web site. Every computer that accesses PT Genie software is assigned a different Cookie by PT Genie. “Web Beacons” are graphic image files embedded in a web page typically used to monitor activity on the page and send back to its home server (which can belong to the host site, a network advertiser or some other third party). It collects information from your browser, such as the IP addresses, the URL of the page on which the Web Beacon is located, the type of browser that is accessing the app, and the ID number of any Cookies on your computer.
Updating Your Personal Information
You may correct, update or review your Personal Information at any time. Your information should match what is on file with your insurance company should your account be linked to billing claims of your activity within PT Genie.
If you desire to correct, update or review any Personal Information that you have provided to PT Genie, please follow the instructions contained herein. If you cease use of PT Genie software, you should be aware that PT Genie will retain records of your use on a confidential basis for regulatory purposes.
How Do We Secure and Retain Your Information?
PT Genie takes reasonable security measures to protect the security of Your Information. Despite PT Genie’s efforts in this regard, there is always some risk that an unauthorized third party may find a way around our security systems, or that transmissions of Your Information over the Internet may be intercepted.
The security of Your Information is important to PT Genie. When you enter Your Information in PT Genie software, PT Genie encrypts the transmission of that information through SSL connections (Secure Socket Layer) technology.
PT Genie will retain Your Information for as long as your account is active. At any time, you may remove your Personal Information or instruct PT Genie to remove it, but you should be aware that it may not be technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information that you have provided to PT Genie as Medical Record laws require us to retain records up to 10 years in some states and the information contained within would be considered part of your medical record.
Contacting PT Genie About Your Personal Information or Privacy
You can also contact PT Genie at:
6555 Sanger Rd. Suite 100
Orlando, FL 32827
Phone: (833) PTGENIE
What if I have questions about this policy?
Effective Date: June 23, 2021